Thursday, December 16, 2010

And then the snow came . . . . .

Riding has been good lately. I managed to ride with one other person last week and we had a great ride. I went on a group ride the weekend before and that was a blast. And then the snow came . . . . .

Conditioning is coming along. I have been getting in a mix of trainer rides and mtb rides. Cyclocross bike is built up and ready to be ridden on a homemade course right across the street. And then the snow came . . . .

I planned on getting the road bike out next week for my Wednesday rides. I planned on my typical Maryland farm ride out by Fair Hill. And then the snow came . . . .

I am in my second week of base. Yeah, it seems early, but I want to be at my best in early June and then again in September. And then the snow came . . . .

Yeah, you could say I hate the stuff. I mean, I enjoy XC skiing, but there is no way to ski in this little bit of frozen crust.

2 comments:

CB2 said...

You're Mid-Atlantic no? You got nailed last year.
We had a pretty mellow Winter last year; hopefully this year too.

Fort James said...

Yes, we did get it bad last year. I was crying over nothing really as the road are pretty clear today and the trails are glorious I am sure. I will know soon!